Poured Foundation Walls
Concrete block vs. poured concrete foundation walls:
Poured concrete foundation wall advantages
- Poured walls can be constructed more quickly, saving time and money. It can take 2-3 partial days of work.
- They are usually 6-1O inches thick and joint-free, so they are considered stronger and drier foundation walls.
- Provide more flexible floor walls.
Concrete Block wall foundation disadvantages
- Blocks can look unsightly if they are not applied with a thin layer of mortar on the outside, like stucco.
- If not filled with concrete and rebar they can be weak structurally & limited insulation.
- Proper footing and a perimeter drain is required.
- Since there are seams with block foundations, they are more susceptible to water leakage.